Monday, June 4, 2012

Brenda is back

Brenda, who is so cute, lovable and brings joy to my life, came back to see me today.  It has been almost a year since she has started on her treatment for congenital hypothyroidism.  Is she totally better?  No, she isn't talking much, only really saying Mama and calling her sister a name.  However, she is walking better, doing a few chores around the house, understanding more and more, and taking care of herself more on her own now.  She is growing and hasn't lost her smile or her love.  Always a joy to see her and to get a hug from her which erases all the day's frustrations away.  Today her and her mom and sister gave me this bilum to say thanks.  I wanted to say thanks to them for allowing me to share in the joy of knowing and being loved by Brenda, what a gift it has been.